SaaS Hosting: Reaping the Benefits of a Flexible Delivery Model
With no upfront capital investment and flexible, pay-as-you-go functionality, the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery model is transforming the software industry. But as large and small independent software vendors (ISVs) race to adopt it, they’re discovering that in addition to presenting tremendous opportunities, this new delivery model poses some significant challenges—especially in the area of SaaS infrastructure.
For starters, the capital cost of building a SaaS-capable infrastructure can be prohibitive. And with no room for error—outages, after all, can destroy an ISV’s reputation—that infrastructure must be completely reliable and available, and able to scale on demand. Many ISVs simply lack either the funds or the staff resources (or both) needed to move to a SaaS delivery model.
Not to worry: Savvis can help.
Savvis SaaS Solutions: Turning Challenges into Opportunity
As a SaaS hosting provider, your challenges are many. You need to speed time-to-market, minimize costs and get clients on board quickly, all while delivering enterprise-class security and performance. Meet these challenges and you’ll see your revenues increase sharply and swiftly. Fail to meet them and you’ll watch your competitors move out ahead.
Get on the right side of this equation and turn challenges into opportunities by choosing Savvis to deliver your SaaS infrastructure. With hundreds of SaaS clients, including seven of the top 10 software companies, and a consulting organization made up of SaaS experts, Savvis knows how to make SaaS work for software companies. With Savvis, you can rest assured that your SaaS implementation will provide:
Global Reach. Wherever you’re going, chances are Savvis is already there. With 32 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia—including London, Singapore, and Tokyo—Savvis makes your global strategies a reality.
- Broader and Deeper Right-Sized Solutions. You want it? We have it. Delivering everything from colocaton to network, security, managed hosting and cloud services, Savvis offers the most complete portfolio of IT infrastructure solutions in the industry. We’ll ensure the quality of your infrastructure—supporting you throughout the SaaS lifecycle—while you focus on the quality of your applications.
- Enterprise-Class Performance. Not all SaaS implementations are created equal. With Savvis, you can rest assured that your SaaS delivery infrastructure will provide the enterprise-class availability, scalability and performance that you require, thanks to time-tested and hardened service level agreements (SLAs).
- Trusted Security. Whether it’s your data or your client’s data, Savvis knows how to protect and monitor it. With Savvis SaaS solutions, you can count on enterprise-class security—including data protection, identity management, vulnerability management, physical and personnel security, application security, incident response and privacy measures.
- Growth Roadmap. Offering a full range of hosting services and expert consultants, Savvis will help you develop a roadmap for how to best grow your SaaS business and ensure that your infrastructure can get your there.
You Develop Applications. We’ll Manage Your Infrastructure.
Savvis delivers the scalable, reliable and secure infrastructure that your applications require and your business needs. By leveraging Savvis SaaS infrastructure solutions, you can:
- Increase your speed, agility and flexibility
- Shorten your client on-boarding times
- Eliminate the cost of building, configuring and maintaining infrastructure
- Eliminate long lead times on the procurement of equipment and updates
- Eliminate the need to deal with breaks, fixes, patches and system monitoring
- Focus your expertise and skills on growing your business
- Provide a strong user experience without latencies or compromises
- Learn more about Savvis Infrastructure Solutions.
Quickly and Easily Transform Your Software to SaaS.
We recognize that, as an independent software vendor (ISV) wanting to move your legacy applications to a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model, you must find a way to convert your legacy software without completely re-architecting the application.
Your ability to achieve this successfully depends on executing a cost-effective transition of your on-premise applications to the SaaS model while at the same time having a robust, scalable, and secure infrastructure to support your new SaaS applications. Large capital expenditures and an extraordinary degree of specialized staff expertise are needed to accomplish these goals. Savvis has created a complete, managed IT infrastructure solution for companies like yours.
Learn more about our ISV Migration Services.
Easily Test Your SaaS Applications.
Accurately simulating and testing large numbers of Web users for your SaaS application is a big challenge. That is why Savvis and SOASTA have teamed to provide CloudTest On-Demand services. These services will help you assure and tune the performance of your SaaS application through accurate, realistic load tests simulating tens to millions of users accessing your Web systems. Your time and money can now be spent on fixing problems and not on purchasing, provisioning and administering test tools and environments.
Learn more about our SOASTA CloudTest On-Demand Services.