Improve Threat Management by Correlating Threats with Vulnerabilities.
Risk and threat management is a part of doing business. But some threats are better at exploiting potential vulnerabilities in your IT infrastructure than others. Which threats you decide to pay attention to and take measures against depend on the particular IT assets you consider most critical, and how vulnerable they are.
Our acclaimed risk-based approach to threat management:
- Identifies attacks that can pose the greatest threats to your highest-value IT assets
- Filters out insignificant attacks so you can focus on the more critical ones
- Scans for internal vulnerabilities
- Enables 24/7 access to a robust portal that gives you up-to-the-minute reports on the risk profile of your IT assets
Savvis’ Proven Five-Step Threat Management Process.
Our Threat Management Service does the following*:
- Tracks the value of your information assets. You assign a value (critical, high, medium, minor, or low) to your information assets based on how important they are to your organization, what the cost of recovering them would be, and what the impact would be if they were damaged or destroyed.
- Scans for internal vulnerabilities. Once your assets are valued and listed in our Threat Management system, your infrastructure is scanned to create a “vulnerability profile” of each one.
- Detects external threats. Threats are identified in real-time through Savvis’ Managed Network Intrusion Detection (NIDS) service (which must be purchased separately).
- Correlates threats with vulnerabilities. When NIDS detects a threat, it is compared against your assets’ vulnerability profiles to determine the degree of risk to your infrastructure. When risks pass a pre-determined threshold, Savvis’ Threat Management system generates security alerts in real time.
- Alerts you of high-risk threats. All high-priority alerts are sent to Savvis’ 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC) where they are evaluated and, if necessary, escalated to you for attention.
* Savvis’ Threat Management Service requires separate purchase of our Managed Network Intrusion Detection Service (NIDS).
Threat Management Service Brochure