Network Connectivity Options
Public and Private Network Options for Colocation
Savvis is a Tier 1 ISP and has its own global OC-192 network providing interconnection to all of our data centers as well as other POPS around the world. We offer a variety of connectivity options, including Internet bandwidth, multiprotocol label switching (MPLS), virtual private network (VPN), ethernet virtual private line (EVPL), ethernet private line (EPL) and private line services.
In addition, other top-tier carriers are present in each data center and we have entrance facilities for additional carriers if needed. Savvis data centers are carrier-independent to many other providers. Depending on the data center location, other options include AT&T, Verizon Business, AboveNet, Qwest/OnFiber, Reliance Globalcom (formerly Yipes), XO Communications, Time Warner, Comcast, Level3, MFN on-net and others.
Savvis combines state-of-the-art networking capabilities with the flexibility of choice. Network requirements are as unique as the applications themselves. We offer multiple networking options designed and managed to specifically meet the challenges of your organization.
- Cross-connect options via the Savvis data center node room: intra/inter-data center, customer-to- customer, customer-to-independent provider, customer to Savvis, and customer to financial services/exchanges are just a few of the options available
- Multiple points of building access supply diverse physical routes, ensuring a high level of resiliency
- Multiple metropolitan area network (MANs) carriers for point-to-point and dark-fiber connectivity
- N+1 network infrastructure and configuration provides redundancy within each component
- Dual bandwidth BGP options ensure the highest levels of availability